Sunday 22 April 2007

a long ride up and over heading down under

hello people

I write to you from the "mall of America".. the biggest mall around aparantly.
I'm on my second last day here and have come back to Minneapolis from New York. I fly out tommorow and its been such a journey. This place is mad btw. Imagine reflective surfaces, escalators, kids screaming in the distance as they ride the rides in the amusement park, hats and strollers and straws the size of little pipes. People with bags ad more bags and a lego land to my left, an aquarium to my right, a broadway entertainment centre to the north and maps to tell you how to get around.
I wrote down my train station so I know how to get back!
I'm here picking up my last bits of shopping. And I mourn the loss of nyc already. That place is so damn cool. And i know that I am going to have to live there in the very not-too-distant-future.
Anyoone know of nice US boys who would like to share in an Australian and South African passport?
My two weeks in nyc was spent meeting with crazy theatre directors, artistic directors for venues, heads of arts schools and young exciting theatre companies that are doing fabulous work. It was also spent with Jo, getting drunk on double shots, walking endlessly across town, exploring random buildings and imagining myself living it up there. And word: Brooklyn is cool. I spent my last night in brooklyn in a bar with far too many cute boys, getting drunk on brooklyn ale and getting way excited when the track "no sleep till brooklyn" came on. Ahh, it just felt right ;-)
Alright people, all my love from this weird side of the world.

tals
xxx

1 comment:

Dr Phil said...

NO

SLEEP

TILL BROOKLYYYYYYYYN!!!

yoyoyo the beasties rock. sounds awesome tally. Would love to do NYC sometime too.