Monday 2 April 2007

Greetings from New York



Hi all

I'm writing this from an apt in midtown Manhattan, in the 2nd week of the longest holiday I've ever had. Well in all honesty it's really indefinite unemployment, but i like to call it my holiday. My 3 years of articles are up, and a week ago i finished my 3 months secondment in Philadelphia so I finally get to exit the world of auditing.

At the moment I'm lazing around New York, waiting for Stu McChesney's contract to finish before we set forth on our adventure around the America's. Admittedly we're not so organised. Instead of plans and itinerary's we have bold intentions and instead of budgets (or in fact any idea as to whether we can afford all of this) we have the e-mail address of investec in case we need to raise that o/d. Our backpacks and Learn-Spanish-in-a-week books are in the post. All in all the the perfect ingredients for an eventful couple of months.

I'll be getting back to SA in July, so I hope to see most of you then. For those in the UK I'm hoping to get there for a while in September. For those in oz...... might be a bit harder to get there. And for that lonely sod in Kimberley.... don't know if i want to go there.

Keep well julle
Ciao

2 comments:

talya chalef said...

hi paul,
i met you when i returned to ct a few years back! anyhow, I'm going to be in nyc form the 9th till the 21st.. and staying with the lovely miss jo downtown. send me an email on talya.chalef@gmail.com and we can meet up for a global posse moment!
cheerio
tals

Alex said...

The adventures around the globe have began for us all! Will see you in Jozi in July and possibly later in the UK for some craziness with Craigasorous and the rest of the Londoners.