Friday 18 April 2008

Don't drink tap water in northern Johannesburg

For real. See here if you don't believe me. Eish I know Springs isn't northern Joburg but I drank from a tap on the golf course there last weekend.



This confirms the SA blogosphere's assertion that:

a) load-shedding affects waste water treatment plants that don't have backup generators (in that they can't treat incoming goodies but also can't keep letting the kak pile up while the lights are off, and so just chuck it out into rivers); and

b) news of the three plants north of Pretoria dumping untreated waste into the Yukskei and Vaal in January was both true and rather suppressed. Not sure by whom. I ain't much of a conspiracy theorist. But the DA says the Ministry of Water Affairs and Forestry is in denial, and that we facing a potentially serious problem.

Jeez.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Ja, I've been trying to figure out what they mean by suburbs 'immediately surrounding them'. Linden's pretty close to me. Think I'll play it safe and stick to the wine this weekend.