Wednesday 16 September 2009

Nobody puts Floyd in the corner!


Man, everyone is dying! I was never a big Swayze fan, but he seemed like a nice guy.

One story that did really take me by surprise was the death of REAL celebrity chef Keith Floyd! Dude was only diagnosed in June this year, so sad. I never rated his cooking much, but lots of people who know thought he was good, so i was probably just not paying attention. Regardless, he had personality, a great sense of humour, and made for compelling viewing, even if you weren't into food. In a totally different league to todays 'TV chefs' (I'm looking at you Kylie Kwong and Masterchef Australia!). He even handled his alcoholism with a frankness and dignity that i don't think you'd find in todays 'TV personalities' who mostly just seem to be famous for being famous. Anyone know what Nicole Richie actually does? No, me neither.


4 comments:

Dr Phil said...

Gordon Ramsey is frank and unapologetic about his swearing and general doos-ness. He's still just a doos.

Kez said...

"she's like the wind...." the man was a genius :)
In all seriousness though, I did love both DDs (Dirty Dancing/Donny Darko) and thought he was great in both!

floyd and I were not close, so respectfully I nod but I cannot comment.

Greg said...

I disagree. Gordon Ramsey is anything but direct about his failings (I dont think he sees his swearing as a failing, its a marketing ploy). I dont remember him being forthright with anybody about boning his PA, but maybe i wasnt listening.

Alex said...

I thought Floyd was entertaining and reminds me of my childhood (or the bad old days)when a drunk tv person was fine and things weren't so pc.