Monday 28 September 2009

I went scuba diving

At Sodwana Bay. This long weekend that just passed. With Brig and Jeremy and Jeremy's waterpolo mates. But I don't have any pictures. Saw flying fish, dolphins and whales from the boat, and all sorts of things on the reefs. The lion fish, boxy, rock cod, honeycomb moray eel, and lemon fish were cool, as were the loggerhead turtles.

Anyway diving is forkin rad - no doubt one of the best things I've learned to do in the past few years. I have issues equalising, so it hurts quite a bit sometimes, but eventually I seemed to get it going better and managed to get 3 of my 4 qualifying dives done. Will be going back to the ENT doktor to check if I did any damage! Also passed the thoery test, naturally, even though all the PADI book really tries to teach you is how and where to buy expensive gear from PADI shops.

You should all get your licenses and go diving. Just don't be shocked by the size and general quality of the bonehead population at Sodwana over long weekends.

No comments: