Tuesday 7 October 2008

Cramp your style

OK, so i haven't ripped and posted anything for a while, but that's mostly because i couldn't rip any records without a weird buzzing sound in the background. I figured it was the shitty sound card in my turntable, but i bought a new (though admittedly cheap and nasty) interface this weekend and it does the same thing sometimes. Anyway, this time it didn't, so in all its analogue (scratchy with poor 7" quality - authentic!) glory, please share in the joy of one of me favourite 7"s. Its a track by Breakestra which borrows the drums and horns from the old Marva Whitney record 'Unwind yourself' (produced by his Majesty, the late JB R.I.P.) at the beginning, though you may recognise them from 'Let me clear my throat' by DJ Kool. I saw Breakestra live at a festival a few years back and some clown threw something at the lead singer (A kid named Miles, i believe) and he went bananas and tried to jump off stage and bash the guy. He should have too.




And before Phil gets excited, yes,i did reactivate my Facekak account, but its for a good cause (a fundraising thing, i'll explain when it gets sorted) and it only TEMPORARY. Facebook is after all a social crutch for people with nothing better to do with their time. HOLLAH!

God bless you all,

Greg

5 comments:

Alex said...

I can't believe that you have rejoined Facecrack!

Greg said...

I know, poor show indeed, but its the best way to market events, and i need that functionality, but once the event has passed, i'm off again. I still think its a steaming pile of turd.

Dr Phil said...

do you always pay so much attention to useless steaming piles of turd? most people just ignore them.

Greg said...

que?

Paul said...

Break to mexican soap opera:
Grego: 'Donde este la mierda'
Dr Philimono: 'Aqui! Aqui es la mierda!'
Grego: 'Gracias Doctoro Philimono'
Dr Philimono: 'De Nada Snr Grego'