Wednesday 21 February 2007

Brendan Wiseglass is MARRIED!

Yo yo yo. Brendan Wiseglass married Lauren Arunson on 18 February 2007, at Suikerbossie in Hout Bay, Cape Town, South Africa. There were lots of yidds. And much Aramaic, hebrew, and yiddish was said.

The Rabbi thought it improper for yoks to hold poles for the chupah, but I did still get one of the special peach-coloured kippah's, and was invited to join the gaggle at the front instead of sitting with the plebs. I also, on the Saturday before the wedding, went to shul for the first time. It was pretty cool. I had to wear a sarong thing over my shoulders, and get up and sit down with all the praying jews a lot.

The wedding Rabbi (not the shul Rabbi; he was some big-bearded chap from Israel) conducted an insightful, educational sermon, and some guy from the UK sang a lot in between. All in all, the ceremony, its setting, the gorgeous weather, and the classy wedding singer contributed to a pretty cool occasion. I know Brendan enjoyed it, because he ate too much. Some things will never change...

They're now in Mauritius on honeymoon. I'm sure we all wish them the best of the best for the future!

No comments: