Sunday 30 March 2008

Feliciano!


I first heard this track on the Rae and Christian 'Another late night' mix. It seemed out of place amid all the mid tempo dance music, but obviously stood out as an awesome track. Jose Gonzalez is such a biter its not even funny. I mean Latin American dude doing acoustic guitar cover versions? Please.
Anyway, this track gives me goosebumps every time i hear it, which the original doesn't. Not that Brian Wilson isn't a genius, mind you, but this version is better. 
I haven't touched the de-clicker at all with this, it sounds better with all the hum and pops in my opinion.


5 comments:

Paul said...

Jose Gonzalez is Swedish, and the original was done by the Mamas and Papas. But your right, this track is killer.

Greg said...

Yeah, i know Gonzalez is Swedish, but i had no idea the origional was done by the mamas and the papas. I did a quick search, and it turns out EVERYONE has done a cover, the beach boys even did two. Some dude called Dik dik did one too, as well as a 'doom metal' band from Austria called Jack Frost.

Paul said...

Dammit!
There goes my plan of calling my band Dik Dik.
And I thought I was being so original.

Greg said...

You know, the weird thing is i have just had some contact with a dude called Dikdik through work. For serious.

Paul said...

Haha
That sounds like the punchline to a bad joke. You know... one where the parents decide to name their 3 kids after the first things they see when the child is born...