Monday 31 August 2009

Carrots II

The week in QwaQwa was an education and an exercise in conflict resolution as the team we were training came to blows with their management - only time will tell how much the scepticism on both sides of the table for each other will effect our programme's outcomes but I am hoping that the strength of the new information will overcome their difficulties and that the team will still manage to have an impact in their clinic sites.

Ended up staying at a little B&B I have stayed in before and the ladies there were, again, simply lovely. If any of you are ever in that part of the world and are looking for a place to stay ;) Having said that, I am thrilled to be home and in my own space - turns out i am not as much of an independant soul as I would like to think - and without my phone (it got nicked in clarens but I am back in the land of the cellulary connected again now) it was a pretty long and lonely week.

This week's carrot was a trip to the West Coast National Park and Postberg to see the flowers! It started out a pretty overcast day and the flowers were being stubborn and refusing to open and play along... but after a long lazy lunch picnic on a rock, the sun came out and so did the flowers. It was gorgeous and wonderful day. Cannot believe this is the first time I have managed to get out there - really is something I should do more often.

Postberg 09


Now it is a week in CT before heading off to KZN on Sunday for the next of the two week back to back training sessions. Carrot? Weekend in Jozi with the peeps!

6 comments:

Dr Phil said...

wow that does look nice actually. would be keen to go end of the year. anyone else keen?

Greg said...

Looks like a rad day out. I spent sunday mowing the lawn.

talya chalef said...

aw... i want nature in my life again. god i miss being outside somewhere beautiful. i need a car dammit! i need time away in a mountain area with sea in the background!
mmmmmmm thinking of home, friends and nature..
xoxo

talya chalef said...

ps going to have to make a plan soon.... i want to be in your car on these trips!!

fran said...

Beautiful pics, again, Ker. Particularly love the one of you and Dan in your matching outfits.

Kez said...

I know - matching outfits are back in fashion! Was funny - we only realised on the beach how matchy matchy we were looking :)