Wednesday 14 March 2007

SXSW!!!!!

Hello All!
Well I know I bent some ears earlier this year about my dream to go to South By Southwest and the opportunity that arose to film three SA bands who had been invited to showcase... Well most of you simply wanted to know "what the hell is SXSW?" So here is the link you have all been waiting for: http://2007.sxsw.com/music/sxswlive/

It starts today in Austin Texas and although one of the SA bands (Wild Eyes) had their visas refused - how much good viewing would that have made for my doc??!!! especially as they are threatending to bring violence down on their furniture ROCK N ROLL- the Skirts and Harris Tweed paid their immigration lawyers a small fortune and are there. I heard a sms from the Tweedies' manager read on R2000 this afternoon saying they'd arrived and had been doing interviews, attending workshops etc etc non stop but were getting "some great footage for the DVD" - so that makes me want to cry... But I am going to keep an eye on the site and watch the festival through the magic of the interweb! Ahh... there is always next year right? :) love,k

1 comment:

Greg said...

Ah! The Presets from Sydney, Arsestralia are there. They are quite good. Next time Kezzah, next time...