Monday 5 March 2007

Baby Liam take 3

I will attempt for a 3rd time to post my baby Liam news. I blame the blog and not my lack of technical expertise (-as I now work for an IT company so I can no longer plead ignorance. )Except that I did mange to lock myself out of my computer for the entire weekend.

ANYWAY..

Claud had a 3.3 kg healthy baby boy. To be named: Liam Christopher(after james' dad) Winhall. She suffered a bit thru the op as she wasn't quite 'out' and as a result was on a lot of morphine etc afterward (hence the slightly dopey stare..) But she is glowing and is recovering quickly. She had to stay in hospital for the weekend but should be back home today.

James is a nappy changing expert. Liam has located the nipple and is feeding well (i didn';t realise but it takes some time before they master the art of feeding). the nurses say that he's th e most well behaved in the nursery at the moment, and he only cried when I/ Granny Annelise held him. Kath kept on repeating that she couldn't believe that now there is another person in the room. ( she said this at least 3 times) and on our visit on saturday we found claud, james and liam all in the one hospital bed watching the rugby!

What I've been trying to say (for the past 72 hours) is that its been a very emotional time. To be present at (4 hours after ) the birth of someone close to you is truly a humbling experience. You can't quite begin to describe the emotions that one goes thru. And i wish that all of you could have been there, or rather to have an opportunity to experience that feeling soon, as it is so special.

So ya. i'm not saying lets all go out and make babies this week, rather welcome to baby Liam and let's not forget what is important to us in our lives.

Love you guys.

1 comment:

talya chalef said...

hey helly... so lovely to see those pics of claudy and liam. thank you for posting them. And it sounds like you've been on a rollercoaster being witness to it all... Wish I could be there to share it with you!
our friends are getting old?! bizaare.
hope everything is good? I'll email you a nice long mail soon soon.
xxxx
tals