Thursday 30 November 2006

Where have all the people gone?

I'm not sure about all this hectic intellectual stuff being posted. Don't get me wrong its interesting and all. well kinda. I'm more interested in the softer side to life. People. Their thoughts, their hopes and aspirations. The pure essence of life. hee hee. (and more of Tal's photos!)

But this is a space where we are all free to express ourselves as we desire. So lets express.

Ya so.

Helen's life at the mo...

I’ve finally finished, after a long five full years of studying. It has been fantastic, especially honours. A real learning experience. And now so many choices ahead of me.
I’m graduating on the 12 December for the first time as honours is included in the business science degree. So ya. The big wide world awaits me.

I still don’t have a job lined up. I have been going for interviews with this IT and business solutions company called UCS Solutions. It’s a great company and I’d love to work for them . Young, dynamic and lots of scope to grow with them. I’m looking in the field of change management. I’ll find out at the end of this week. But the last interview didn’t go that well. So ya. Whatever happens happens. Small possibility this may involve moving to joburg. Mmm.

My other source of income - Madame Zingaras is still non functional. Very sad story. Basically we were heavily under insured and are in the process of raising funds to rebuild. We’ve got this big circus tent coming out from Amsterdam, that we are going to erect on a field and have caberet shows in and hopefully make some cash. That is happening mid jan. I’m hoping I won’t have to go back to waitressing while I’m job hunting but if I do – I’ll go there.

At the moment my temporay job situation has found me waitressing at home. (the little restaurant in Harfield with the yummy home made food) – they’ve opened up a branch down the road from the flat, in vredehoek. Not quite as profitable as MZ, but the vibe there is relaxed and I can do the work with my eyes closed. So it’s a bit of pocket money

I’m still single. Ya. Well actually it would be nice to have some companionship but it is fun partying and being only responsible for yourself. (or when you go out with Alex, making sure she doesn’t drive home! Sorry al! but shes been a little reckless lately.)

The composition of the Cape Town crowd is changing once again, with Alex leaving. The one person who manages to keep us together all the time for social gatherings. It will be sad to see her go, but exciting at the same time as she begins her own new journey.

The blog, is a great idea. I need to get with it with all this new technology and stuff, this therefore provides me with a really good opportunity to test my skills. i.e. how to put a video online and stuff. Mmm.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Hey Hels, good to hear you are well. Are the MZ people bringing out the Spiegeltent? It was touring around australia a little while ago, and while i only went to the bar there, people (well Tals anyway) were raving about it...

talya chalef said...

yup greggles and helz.. sounds like the spiegeltent to me! helz.. it's brilliant to hear from you.. and yes.. let's go the thoughts, feelings, aspirations, ideas, concepts, arguments.. all that sort of thing. don't we have a diverse and intelligent group of friends eh?!
very proud i am!!!
xxxx